Monday, April 25, 2011

Oh, Texass

When my mom was helping Mac and me pack all our belongings to move to Austin, she couldn't resist labeling some of the boxes as Texass bound.  She didn't want us to leave Montana.

With my pollen-swollen head and a flea infested work place, I have been feeling rather deep in the heart of Texass lately.  Once upon a time, I used to console my homesick self with the fact that at least we don't have forest fires here...but apparently, sadly, we do.

Well, it's still a great place to be (we have great friends who make it so!), and I know I have a ton to be thankful for, so here's a start...

Today I am thankful for...
1.  the most rested state I have felt in a while (due to...)
2.  a day off (kind of) to clean my house...even if the price to pay was a couple hundred flea bites.
3.  the fact that no one was injured in last week's fire.
4.  a whole day to spend with sweet Miss Maya Juniper--she was so lovey today.

5.  a crock pot meal (if you try this recipe, you can ask me for the tweaks)

Yesterday didn't feel much like Easter in a lot of ways, but I am thankful that even when you take traditions and family gatherings and whatever all else away (cough Robin's Eggs cough), it still means all of life to me.  He is risen indeed.  

For fun, here's a little Easter video where Mac's backside (oh, and our church too) made the news.  Can you find him? 

1 comment: