Monday, April 18, 2011

Gratitude Project

This morning was rough.  As in tuff.  I was so exhausted that I fell asleep drinking my coffee and spilled it down my arm and couch.  I felt like crying thinking of spending another 40 hours on my heinie doing things I largely don't understand that don't really stir my heart.  A good day for some gratitude, don't you think? 

Today I am thankful for...
1.  A boss I truly like and his wife who definitely ups my laughter quotient every time I get to hang out with her.
2.  The cookie that somebody dropped off at work that I didn't mean to eat.  Oh well.
3.  Coffee, oh coffee.  Even when you spill on my arm and couch.
4.  Quiet time and the One who waits to meet me there.
5.  The big risks my sweet husband and I took to get to each other and...
The decision we made 2 years ago today to love each other for the rest of our lives.  It's our anniversary!  I'm not good at decisions but I made a good one that day.

Sadly, our wedding photos didn't transfer to my new computer, so you'll have to suffer through this mushy one from the day we were engaged.  Kissing photos (of people you know) are always so awkward, right?

Because I think my husband deserves 5 all his own...

Today I am extra thankful for...
1.  The way we can be sitting silently in front of the tv and suddenly burst out laughing at the same dumb thing (i.e. "Hi, my name's Henry Winkler.")
2.  My husband who still holds my hand and wraps his arm around me when we walk.
3.  What turned out to be a grreat anniversary day--with a dog walk, my favorite!
4.  My husband's singing:  in earnest, in jest, in shower, no matter
5.  I will save this one for a post later this week!

Same day, slightly less sappy/mushy.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, happy anniversary! I just discovered that I love Josh humming around the house. Great men, we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pictures of anyone kissing. Love them!

    ReplyDelete