Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

We made it through Thanksgiving with good friends and good food, but sadly, these are the only photos that survived.

Early morning baking.  That super-intent look?  I bribed her with a treat behind the camera.

All dressed up in wedding boots, thrifted dress, and the cutest freckle-faced accessory there is.

Peanut Butter Pumpkin dog treats.  Couldn't leave the pups out of the feast!


I had expected the day to feel impossible, heavy with memories of last year's special day. But we sped through in more or less of a blur of getting ready and feasting with friends. It was the winding down of the day and the weekend that rolled in behind that hit hard. But we made it. Each other is a wonderful thing to have. I sure love this companion of mine, though he will kill me for saying so and even more for posting his picture.

Our day-after-feasting walk (much needed).

Looking up.

My favorite.