Thursday, February 10, 2005

Knitting is work...Work is play

Mardi Gras was a smash--at least what I remember of it. My boss and I were in charge of adorning the breakfasters with their beads. Of course we got the ol' "What do we have to show to get these?" comments, which I was actually a tiny bit surprised by. I mean, who knew nurses, pharmacists and housekeepers (oh my!) were so frisky at 7:30 am? Then again, it is SP General Hospital. All in all, we were well received, but I have to say that there was one little guy who was utterly terrified by the sight of us in our masks. I'm not just talking "Whoa--You startled me--Ha Ha". I'm talking full-on-deer-in-the-headlights-paralyzed-with-fear reaction. My poor boss felt terrible, but it really was quite funny. I'm just hoping they don't print any pictures in the hospital newsletter. Mass hysteria could very well break out.



I am almost finished with my armwarmer knitting marathon. I've started so many but keep abandoning them because I think of another person that needs a pair. This pair goes to one of my banking ladies as a late birthday present. She admired mine and these are much better, so I hope she likes them! I can't wait to be finished so I can move on to my next project--a sweater--Hooray! If I don't have a picture of the armwarmers tomorrow, somebody kick me!

No comments:

Post a Comment